Chana Dal – 1 cup
Moong Dal – ¼ cup
Soya keerai/ Dill leaves chopped – ½ cup
Onion, Chopped – 1
Green chillies – 3
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Ginger - 1 inch
Curry leaves chopped – 1 tsp
Salt to taste.
Oil for deep frying.
1) Soak Chana dal and moong dal for 1 hour. Remove the water. Keep 3 tbsp of the soaked Chana dal separately.
2) Coarsely grind the lentils with fennel seeds, ginger, green chillies and salt without adding water.
3) Add the dill leaves, onion and remaining chana dal to the coarsely ground dal Mixture. Mix it well.
4) Heat oil in a pan. Take a lemon size dal mixture and flatten it with your palms.
5) Slowly drop it in to the oil and fry them until they are crisp and brown.