Milk – 5 cups
Makhane (Lotus Seeds) – 1 cup
Vermicelli – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/8 tsp
Saffron strands – few dissolved in milk
1) Heat ghee in a pan, add the makhane and sauté till they are crisp.
2) Remove from the fire and crush them slightly.
3) Roast the vermicelli and keep aside. Heat the milk in a non-stick pan and allow it to boil.
5) When the kheer is of creamy consistency add the sugar, nutmeg and saffron strands.Mix well and remove from the flame.
5) Garnish with chopped cherries and pista.Serve chilled.