Broken Wheat - 200 gm
Curd – 100 gm
Salt to taste
For the tempering:
Mustard – 1 tsp
Zeera – 1 tsp
Red chilly - 2
Pepper corns – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Hing – a pinch
1) Beat the curd and dilute it with little water.
2) Mix broken wheat and curd. Add required salt and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
3) Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, zeera, red chilly , peppercorns, urad dal and hing.
4) Add the tempering to broken wheat curd mixture and mix well.
5) If the batter is very thick you can add water. Grease the idli plates with little oil and pour the batter into the idli plates.
6)Steam it for about 15 – 20 minutes until it is cooked. Serve hot with coconut or red onion chutney.