Cinnamon Stick – 1
Cloves – 4
Bay Leaves – 1
Pepper Corns – 6
Tomato – 3
White Pumpkin – 1 small piece
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
1) Make a spice bag with a muslin cloth and add the cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, cloves, pepper corns or can be added directly and removed through strainer in step 5.
2) Grind tomato, white pumpkin, Chilly powder and sugar into paste.
3) In a non-stick or heavy bottom pan add the tomato mixture along with the spice bag.
4) Cook till the raw flavour of the tomatoes disappears.
5) Strain through a coarse strainer. Pour the sauce in to the non-stick pan.
6) Mix corn flour with water and make a paste. Add this paste to the tomato sauce.
7) Add vinegar to the sauce and mix well. When the ketchup is thick remove from the flame.